Adams Down Under

(Click on images to enlarge them)

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Third Baby

No, I'm not pregnant. I'm talking about my new obsession. My garden. Here it is:


So it may not be much to look at but I am so proud of it. It is my first attempt at gardening and I have been happily surprised at how easy it has been. The garden bed was already there but I had to do some major weeding before it was ready to plant. When my seeds first sprouted I surprised myself with how excited I was. I check it at least three times a day and love seeing it grow everyday. Most everything sprouted about three weeks ago. My hot pepper plant, capsicum (bell pepper) and coriander (cilantro) are a bit younger. The bush looking thing up the back is the rosemary plant that has been there since we moved in. It's pretty much impossible to kill that thing.


So these are the spring onions. I have already tasted the sprouts and they are Delicious!



This is my rockmelon (cantaloupe) plant.


My beautiful beans. I can't believe how big they are already.


My zucchini plant (it looks a little wilted here but it perks right up when I water it... this plant needs water like a teenage boy needs food... it's insatiable).


The is one of my two tomato plants. I think they are so cute leaning up against Japanese chopsticks.


This is CĂ©lia's special pot. She chose to plant capsicum (bell pepper) and we thinned them down to this one little plant. It now has four leaves and she is very proud of that fact.

So I'm sure I'll continue posting pictures from my garden the way I post pictures of my girls. I apologize in advance if nobody out there cares about my garden and have to endure looking at pictures that you don't care about. I'm just a proud parent and have to show my new "baby" off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I am so jealous. I hate buying a bunch of cilantro and only using a bit of it and then it goes bad. I would love a garden where I could just pop out and pick a little bit of whatever I needed:)

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home